Old 05-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
COYOTE
BAUE Director

Name: Dionna
GUE Certs: GUEF, RecTriox, Tech1, Tech2
COYOTE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to COYOTE
Default 5/20/2012 Outer Outer Pinnacles aboard Escapade by Dionna House

5/20/2012 Outer Outer Pinnacles aboard Escapade by Dionna House -- [View in Reports Page]

Bottom Team:Kevin Dow, Dionna House
Visibility:60' - 100'Time:10:30 AM
Temp:44F - 48FSurge: 
Max Depth:200FSWAvg Depth: 
Bottom Time: Total Time:1:38
Bottom Gases:18/45Deco Gases:EAN50,O2
Backgas Config:Double HP120Deco Tanks:AL40,AL80
Deco Profile:

EPIC Day for Diving!!! Started the day with some uncertainty with the wind, fog and swell, it was hard to determine where we were going to be anchoring. Jim motored the boat toward sites near the Lobos area and there seemed to have been some fog rolling in with some white caps at a distance and of course swell. We motored Northeast direction towards Outer Outer Pinnacles and circled around several times. The debate began....Will the fog lift? will the wind pick up more? Will we dive here? Conditions were iffy...After a short delay of the crew working together and showing determination. We dropped the ball at a site somewhere near Outer Outer Pinnacles. The site was AWESOME in topography. The vis was at least 100ft. We scootered around viewing the schools of Blue Rockfish, small schools of Canaries, and some Rosy Rockfish and Starry Rockfish. We also saw lingcods. I was able to see my favorite Vase Sponges and for the first time I saw a Crinoid (Feather Star). I wish we had more time to spend down at that site. Truly Amazing!! Deco was very relaxing in the blue abyss... okay.. a bit cold...worth every shiver though. Awesome Day.. All the divers came up with big smiles on their faces. Thank you Kevin for diving. Jim and the Escapade Crew were excellent ...

Here are the Photos!! :-)

http://www.baue.org/images/galleries/v/local/OuterPAumentos_5-20-2012/
COYOTE is offline   Reply With Quote