Old 06-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
COYOTE
BAUE Director

Name: Dionna
GUE Certs: GUEF, RecTriox, Tech1, Tech2
COYOTE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to COYOTE
Default 6/28/2008 Midway Pinnacle aboard Escapade by Dionna House

6/28/2008 Midway Pinnacle aboard Escapade by Dionna House -- [View in Reports Page]

Bottom Team:Mark Lloyd, Dionna House
Visibility:40' - 50'Time:10:00 AM
Temp:52FSurge:1'
Max Depth:170FSWAvg Depth:145FSW
Bottom Time: Total Time: 
Bottom Gases:18/45Deco Gases:EAN50
Backgas Config:Double HP100Deco Tanks:AL40
Deco Profile:

After months of hard studying in Nursing school, I was able to celebrate my hard work with diving with some good friends and people. BAUE trip was advertised and not many of the Tech 1 divers responded. Susan decided to make it a Tech 2 boat with 6 divers. Perfect set up!!! Since the ocean looked really flat with minimum wind, we traveled a little further south and tossed the anchor in at Midway Pinnacle. Beto mentioned the bottom being at 200ft. We geared up and jumped in with very very minimal current. Went down the shot line and found the pinnacle at about 150ft(ish). We leveled off at 170ft as planned. We spotted some huge Yellow Eye Rock Fish, which I found out later thats what they were. Next time I will make sure and look into the eyes and the two stipes down the body for better identification. Mark and I saw a cool looking bell medusa jelly pulsating its way up from the depths and also spotted many Hermisendas and Hiltons. There were lots and lots of blue rockfish hanging out on top of the reef. We also admiring the gardens of Hydrocoral. On the deco we were followed by moon jellies. I started humming that song by Cat Stevens, "Moon Shadow".
At our twenty foot stop I noticed it got darker and felt like something big was above us.... I thought...WHALE??? It turned out to be the Escapade Whale... It was kinda weird looking up to see that. We slowing made our ascent up to the surface. On the way in we were visited by a big pod of Risso dolphins. They put on a great show for us. Spectacular breaching with frolics off the bow of the boat. Thanks to the Escapade Crew... Greg,Julia and Mike...Jim.. These guys did great... They were AWESOME!!! Special thanks to Susan, Beto, Nick, Harry and Mark... You guys Rock!!!

Let us go back???
COYOTE is offline   Reply With Quote